This preschool Pete the Cat face with craft sticks is a groovy craft to pair with your favorite children’s book after story time! Read the children’s book Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons, then grab some craft supplies and build your own Pete the Cat face!
Pete the Cat is no stranger here and we’ve created plenty of Pete the Cat crafts over the years! Check out our button paper plate craft, DIY Pete the Cat shoes, DIY Pete the cat t-shirt, Groovy Button Pencil Toppers and even Groovy Button Art Stampers! You can also scroll through all of our Pete the Cat activities here! This activity is great for preschool and kindergarten students.
- Paint or color all of your craft sticks blue.
- Using your glue stick, glue all of your craft sticks onto a piece of construction paper horizontally. One right after the other as shown above.
- Cut out two blue triangles. Glue them above your craft sticks for ears.
- Cut out two pointy oval yellow “eyes”. Glue onto your blue craft sticks as shown above.
- Using your black marker draw a half circle onto each of the yellow “eyes” as seen.
- Cut your black pipe cleaner in half, twist in the middle, then glue on for whiskers.
- Glue on four buttons around your Pete the Cat face!
That’s it! It’s pretty simple to make in classroom sized groups and is pretty mess free if you use markers instead of paint!
MORE Pete the Cat Crafts & Activities:
How to Make a Pete the Cat T-shirt
How to Make Pete the Cat Shoes
Groovy Button Pencil Toppers
Groovy Button Paper Plate Craft
Groovy Button Slime Recipe
Groovy Button Stampers
Pete the Cat TP Tube Craft