One of the most popular children’s books is, of course, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”. These If You Give a Mouse a Cookie activities and preschool crafts are a blast for kids! If you have never read any of the “If You Give a….” series by Laura Numeroff you absolutely MUST order some. In fact just order the whole series – they are all fantastic!
Below are 25 different crafts and activities for kids based on this much loved popular children’s book. You’ll find math games, sensory bins, puppets, and so many other awesome inspirations to keep you busy for the rest of the summer and into the school year!
1. Cookie Counting Printable from Primary Playground
2. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Activities from Optimistic Mommy
3. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Counting Activities & Making Cookies from I Heart Crafty Things
4. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Math Game from Rainy Day Mum
5. Paper Bag Mouse Puppet Craft from Sight and Sound Reading
6. Simple Salt Dough Recipe: Counting Cookies from Kids’ Craft Room
7. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Craft and Printables from A Little Pinch of Perfect
8. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Counting Activities from Still Playing School
9. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Sequencing Printables from Homeschool Preschool
10. Cookie Delivery Rube Goldberg Machine from Inspirational Laboratories
11. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Sensory Bins from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom
12. FREE If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Preschool Pack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
13. Paper Plate Cookie Craft Made with DIY Puffy Paint from No Time for Flash Cards
14. Community Helpers and Career Day from Mrs. Lee’s Kinder Kids
15. If You Give a Mouse A Cookie Counting Game from The Pinterested Parent
16. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Preschool Theme from Mommy’s Little Helper
17. Family Literacy Night with Crafts and Games from Teach Glitter Grow
18. If You Give a Kid a Cookie…You Might Have to Let them Play from Crayons & Cuties in Kindergarten
19. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Cookie Craft from Texas Tales
20. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Counting Cookies Activity & Free Printables from The Art Kit
21. M is for Mouse: Kid Craft Idea from Glued to My Crafts
22. Fine Motor Cookie Craft from Books and Giggles
23. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Mouse Puppet from Kathy’s AngelNik Designs & Art Project Ideas
24. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Felt Mouse Tutorial from Stir the Wonder
25. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie for Children Who are Visually Impaired from Paths to Literacy
Amazon Kids Original TV Series: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie:
AND GUESS WHAT?! There is a “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” series on Amazon Prime!!! Not a Prime member? Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial here! Here is the synopsis:
When you give a mouse a cookie, he’ll probably ask for a glass of milk, and then…who knows what he’ll ask for next? Based on the beloved books by Laura Numeroff (Dennis the Menace) and Felicia Bond and executive produced by Numeroff, Bond and Emmy Award-winning writer Ken Scarborough (Arthur, Sesame Street, Curious George) who also serves as head writer, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie follows the adventures of Mouse, Oliver, Moose, Pig, Cat, and Dog, as they discover that when you’ve got a curious Mouse for a friend one thing always leads to another, then another, and then another!
The show’s learning approach was developed in consultation with authors Mimi Ito and John Seely Brown and revolves around a cause and effect narrative structure that sparks imagination and the creativity engendered by knowing that possibilities are endless. The pilot and beloved book are both rated 4.7 out of 5 stars by customers with 82% 5-star reviews for the pilot and 84% 5-star reviews for the book. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie will feature new recordings by Grammy nominated recording artist Lisa Loeb.