Pot Roast Ingredients:
1 tsp. smoked salt
2 carrots, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 275*F.
- Lay your meat in the bottom of a foil lined baking pan or roasting pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and basil directly onto the top of your meat.
- Pour the white wine over the top of the meat.
- Chop up your potatoes, carrots and onions as desired and lay them in the bottom of the pan around your roast.
- Pre-mix a spoonful (about 1 Tbsp.) of your beef base into a cup of water and pour it on your roast. I really love Better Than Bouillon brand personally even though it’s pricier – but it makes all the difference!
- Completely tent your roast with aluminum foil to seal in the moisture.
- Add a cookie sheet or baking pan in the oven and fill with water to help maintain the moisture.
- Cook for about 4.5 hours.
This dinner is great if you’re hanging around the house on the weekend to cook or cut the roast up to fit inside your slow cooker and then just cook it on low until you get home from work. The whole house smells AMAZING and because you’ve taken care to keep it moist during the cooking process it’s really juicy and tender!
Other Amazing Simple Slow Cooker Recipes:
Kitchen Items I LOVE: