I’m so excited that November 6th Disney Pixar’s Incredibles 2 movie is coming out on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, DVD and On-Demand! Disney Pixar sent us the Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital combo pack to enjoy at home. You guys followed along last spring as I flew out to Pixar Animation Studios and had the amazing opportunity to interview the cast and learn more about the technology that helped create this movie and now we finally get to watch it as a family in our own home!! My kids were SO EXCITED!
The Incredibles superheroes are what my daughter thinks of when you say the word superhero. It’s HER generation of awesomeness and it’s enjoyable for the entire family to watch! It spans 14 years from the original film to this second film and Pixar didn’t miss a beat! I HIGHLY recommend this family friendly film! It shows how the Parr’s work together as a family, how to appreciate each other, and is PACKED with high speed action!
I love that they put Frozone on the Bonus disc!! AND after you watch the film you need to immediately watch the Auntie Edna short clip – it’s HILARIOUS!!!!
Check out some of the Bonus Features included below:
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight & Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Click the image above to print out your own Incredibles 2 mask!
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – Our favorite Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers. Absolutely fantastic!
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe.
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
Sneak Peek of the Auntie Edna Short Clip:
Kid’s Thoughts on the Auntie Edna Short Clip:
Other awesome Disney Pixar Incredibles 2 Posts:
Movie Fun Facts, Insider Access and Exclusive Film Details
Q&A with Movie Director and Producers from Incredibles 2
How Did They Create Pixar Incredibles 2 Movie Action Scenes?
Making Baby Jack Jack’s Super Powers
The Art, Math & Technology in Incredibles 2 Movie
Incredibles 2 Printable Coupon Book
Pixar Easter Eggs in the Incredibles 2 Movie