I LOVE no sew felt crafts and this easy felt pie craft is perfect to pair up with the popular nursery rhyme “Little Jack Horner” or you can use it to “eat” play food and play pretend! It’s incredibly simple to do. Try your hand at various pies and fruits to make too! Below are the step by step directions along with a few supplies you’ll need.
Felt Pie Craft Supplies needed:
Small pie dish
Tan, purple, green crafting felt
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting out a large, round circle from the tan felt. Trim the edges into a scalloped shape so it resembles a pie crust.
2. Cut out a few additional tan ovals. These will be used to decorate the pie.
3. Snip out an oval from the purple felt. Add a small green stem using your green craft felt. Use glue to assemble the pieces to create the plum.
4. Make a slit in the top of your pie crust. This is where your plum will come out.
5. Add a line of glue around the perimeter of the pie plate. Place the tan felt crust on top and press into place.
6. Place the felt plum inside the pie via the slit you made in the felt crust.
You can now use the pie and plum to reenact the nursery rhyme “Little Jack Horner”, “eat” pretend food, or whatever else you might be using your felt pie for! Maybe you can turn it into a literacy activity for your classroom!