My little guy came home from preschool the other day with the cutest craft!! He had made his very own bear cave – and it’s extremely simple!
Styrofoam Plate (small)
Pom Poms (brown and black)
This is really pretty self explanatory but here are the details if you need them.
1. Cut a medium sized semi-circle out of the side of the styrofoam bowl (equaling about 1/4 of the bowl) on the side only – do not cut through to the bottom of the bowl. This will serve as the “entrance” to the cave.
2. Place liquid glue around the top rim of the bowl and flip it upside down so that the rim of the bowl will be stuck onto the rim of the small plate. You have now formed the bear’s cave!
3. Now it’s time to decorate the cave and put some bears in!! Have the kids gather small twigs from outside and glue the little pieces anywhere they want on the outside of their bear cave. My son is 2 so he only put a few sticks on.
4. If you are making this with a group don’t forget to label their bear caves!!
5. Lastly, grab a few pom poms and glue them inside of the cave – we had 3 bears in our cave!! If you want to get really creative you can even glue tiny googly eyes on the pom poms too!