It is one of my favorite times of year with younger kids – close to Dr. Seuss’ birthday! I love to focus on creating crafts and snacks based on our favorite children’s books to extend learning in a more hands on way for kids. Recently we posted a few activities for the children’s book “Put Me in the Zoo” (paper plate craft and rice krispy leopard recipe). Today we have hot dog race cars from “Go, Dog. Go!“
Go, Dog. Go! Book Snack INGREDIENTS:
Hot dog buns
Cherry tomatoes – cut in half
Optional: ketchup and mustard
Go, Dog. Go! Book Snack DIRECTIONS:
1. Insert a toothpick into each end of a hot dog bun, pushing it all the way through.
2. Closing the bun will allow the both ends of the toothpick to stick out.
3. Insert a pickle chip (4 total) onto the ends of each toothpick.
4. Push the cherry tomato halves onto each toothpick end (in front of each pickle chip).
5. Place hot dog in bun.
6. Optional: squeeze ketchup or mustard on hotdog