Go, Dog. Go! Snack time! What a fun way to celebrate and bring to life one of our many favorite children’s books! This series by P. D. Eastman is also launching a new DreamWork Animation cartoon series on Netflix too! You can watch the trailer for that here!
It is one of my favorite times of year with younger kids – close to Dr. Seuss’ birthday! I love to focus on creating crafts and snacks based on our favorite children’s books to extend learning in a more hands on way for kids.
1. Insert a toothpick into each end of a hot dog bun, pushing it all the way through.
2. Closing the bun will allow the both ends of the toothpick to stick out.
3. Insert a pickle chip (4 total) onto the ends of each toothpick.
4. Push the cherry tomato halves onto each toothpick end (in front of each pickle chip).
5. Place hot dog in bun.
6. Optional: squeeze ketchup or mustard on hotdog