Enjoy these free Abominable printable coloring pages, games and recipes! Thanks to DreamWorks for sending us a copy of this movie!
Since we have 5 in our family going out to the movie theaters is a real treat for us! We no longer have a “cheap seats” near us we don’t go out as often – it has to be a REALLY good movie we want to see! Abominable was that movie for us this year! It’s SOOOOO good! Definitely one of our favorites of 2019!
Pretty much if any movie has a Yeti or Sasquatch in it we will be there! Watching Abominable as a family was such an enjoyable experience – we couldn’t wait for it to come out on Blu-ray / DVD! The music is phenomenal, the graphics are delightful and it has a heartwarming story. I highly recommend this movie! And like any good animated film, Abominable made me tear up too!
If you loved How to Train Your Dragon you’ll love Abominable! It was a big hit with even my tween boys! My 4 year old watched it with us and did well with any mildly scary scenes. She really loved the movie!
It made my heart soar! It’s funny how animated films can really take you on an incredible journey!
What is the Abominable movie rated?
Abominable is rated PG.
What is Abominable about?
This family friendly movie follows teenage Yi as she encounters a young Yeti on the roof of her apartment building in China. She and her mischievous friends, Jin and Peng name him “Everest” and embark on an epic quest to reunite the magical creature with his family at the highest point on Earth. But as with any good movie there is a conflict and the trio of friends will have to stay one-step ahead of Burnish, a wealthy man intent on capturing a Yeti, and zoologist Dr. Zara to help Everest get home.
On December 17th Abominable is coming out on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray™, DVD and from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment! Pre-order it here now!
What BONUS content is on the Abominable Blu-ray / DVD?
There is over an hour of bonus content including two original shorts, deleted scenes, cast interviews and more! Below is a list of the bonus content featured on Abominable.
- DREAMWORKS SHORTS:
– MAROONED – Marooned, tells the story of a cantankerous and selfish robot named C-0R13. Stranded on an abandoned lunar outpost, C-0R13 longs to return to Earth. With a partially built ship and his last power source, this determined robot will stop at nothing to achieve his goal.
– SHOW AND TELL – Back home in the Himalayan Mountains, Everest puts on a magical show-and-tell for his fellow yetis after he receives a special care package from Yin, Jing and Peng.
- DELETED SCENES with Intros by Writer/Director Jill Culton and Co-Director Todd Wilderman
- Play All
- Spa Day
- Villains at the Map
- Magic Montage
- Yak Attack
- MAKING A MYTH (MOVIE) – In this entertaining ‘making of’ we learn from the filmmakers and stars how they brought the heartfelt and whimsical story of Abominable to life – from the use of magic, music and humor, to the themes of family and nature.
- ANIMATING ABOMINABLE – From production design to storyboarding and animating, the creative team behind Abominable will take us through the design and animation of the film.
- MEET THE CAST – This fun featurette introduces the audience to the cast of Abominable and the characters they play. Learn first-hand from the actors what their personal inspiration was for the role and how they went about performing the voice work.
- Play All
- Chloe Bennet as Yi
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Jin
- Albert Tsai as Peng
- Tsai Chin as Nai Nai
- Joe Izzo as Everest
- YOUR YETI CARE GUIDE – Chloe, Albert and Tenzing provide tips and tricks to caring for your newly adopted “Yeti”. In this case YETI stands for pet – dog, kitten and bird.
- COURAGE TO DREAM – This featurette explores the character Yi, the strong, independent and untraditional female lead at the center of Abominable. Actor Chloe Bennet and the filmmakers discuss what makes Yi special and why she is the ultimate role model for young girls and boys today!
- AN ABOMINABLE TOUR WITH CHLOE BENNET – Like her father before her, Yi dreams of travelling across China to see the many beautiful, natural and culturally significant locations featured in Abominable. Chloe Bennet, the voice of Yi, will take viewers on their own magical journey.
- EVEREST’S TALK BOX – Shooting on the DreamWorks Animation campus, we bring in some real kids to meet the man behind the voice of Everest, Joe Izzo, and the audio team from Abominable to learn about all the cool tech that went into Everest’s voice.
- COOKING WITH NAI NAI – Can Tsai Chin, the voice of Nai Nai, learn to make Nai Nai’s famous pork buns in real life? Let’s find out!
- HOW TO ABOMINABLE – Bring Everest, Yi and Nai Nai to life in your home with this How-to-Draw with a difference. Not only will we show you how to recreate your favorite characters from Abominable, but also how to magically bring them to life through a homemade Chinese style lantern!
- How to Draw
- Play All
- Nai Nai
- How to Make a Chinese Lantern
- YOU CAN SPEAK YETI-ESE – Inspired by foreign language courses, viewers can learn how to speak Yeti-ese with these easy teaching guides hosted by Chloe Bennet.
- NAI NAI SAYS – Narrated by Nai Nai, Yi’s wise grandma gives us life lessons on how to be a strong, independent, modern woman.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Writer/Director Jill Culton, Co-Director Todd Wilderman, Producer Suzanne Buirgy, Producer Peilin Chou, Production Designer Max Boas, Visual Effects Supervisor Mark Edwards, and Head of Character Animation John Hill
FREE Abominable Movie Night Party Kit:
The free Abominable printable party kit above has printable coloring pages, games, recipes, craft ideas and more! Just click on the image to download the PDF file!
Adorable Abominable Movie Clips:
Who is the cast of Abominable?
- Chloe Bennet
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor
- Albert Tsai
- Eddie Izzard
- Sarah Paulson
- Tsai Chin
- Michelle Wong
- Jill Culton (Director)
- Suzanne Buirgy (Producer)
- Peilin Chou (Producer)
- Todd Wilderman (Co-Director)
- Tim Johnson (Executive Producer)
- Frank Zhu (Executive Producer)
- Li Ruigang (Executive Producer)
- Rebecca Huntley (Co-Producer)