There are SO many fabulous fall and Thanksgiving crafts out there and of course most of them are Turkey related! Check out this awesome kids craft I found!
- Paper or foam cup
- Acrylic paint in fall colors (brown, orange, red, green, yellow, etc.)
- Large pom-pom for head (brown, yellow, red, orange, etc.)
- Small foam heart for gobbler (to contrast with color of head)
- Small foam triangle (orange or yellow)
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- 3” x 2” piece of orange construction paper
- 1 sheet of white construction paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Place cup upside down on work surface and paint brown
- To make the feathers, paint the white construction paper with several fall colors, crisscrossing the colors as you go. Let dry
- Cut feathers out in one large piece, should be shaped similar to a hand or crown. Cut the tips of each feather into a point
- Apply glue to the bottom portion of the feathers and press onto the bottom of the cup. Hold in place for a minute or so to let the glue grab.
- Place foam heart upside down so that the bumps are facing downward. Glue the foam triangle, point down, onto the upside down heart–the upper points of the triangle will be hanging over the edge. This is the beak and gobbler
- Glue the pom-pom to the top of the paper cup.
- Glue the wiggle eyes and the beak and gobbler to the head.
- Cut two feet from the orange construction paper and glue to the bottom of the cup.
- Instead of throwing away the paper that you use to protect your work surface from paint, add more color to it to make the feathers!
- The feathers can be simplified by using a piece of brown, orange, or red construction paper.
- Make these even more fancy by using actual feathers and by writing the name of your dinner guests on a piece of paper and gluing to the front of each turkey.
I found this great craft idea from http://www.kaboose.com/