School Bus Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
I found these cute School Bus Cookies recipe on the Food Channel!!
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened (do not use margarine; reserve butter box
- 1 each Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon peel or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow food color
- 2 1/2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Mini M & M candies
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Decorating icing (optional)
- In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon peel and food coloring; beat to combine.
- Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- Shape dough into a ball. Pack dough firmly in empty butter box (coated with cooking spray), tapping box on counter to pack. Close box. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until dough is very firm.
- Carefully peel box away from dough. Cut a wedge, 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch high, out of the top right corner; set wedge aside.
- Using a long, thin-bladed knife, slice dough lengthwise into ten 1/4-inch slices.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Using your fingers, round off the corners to make each shape resemble a school bus. Decorate with candies as desired.
- Mix cocoa into the reserved dough. Shape dough into balls, using 1/2 teaspoon dough for each. Flatten slightly to resemble wheels; place 2 on each bus cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool on pan before removing to wire rack. Decorate with icing as desired. Makes 10 school bus cookies.
Those are cute, I may have to make these with the daycare kiddos. Have a great weekend!
Those are adorable, they would be great for a school party.
Comments are closed.