I found these cute School Bus Cookies recipe on the Food Channel!!
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened (do not use margarine; reserve butter box
- 1 each Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon peel or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow food color
- 2 1/2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Mini MandM candies
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Decorating icing (optional)
- In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon peel and food coloring; beat to combine.
- Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- Shape dough into a ball. Pack dough firmly in empty butter box (coated with cooking spray), tapping box on counter to pack. Close box. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until dough is very firm.
- Carefully peel box away from dough. Cut a wedge, 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch high, out of the top right corner; set wedge aside.
- Using a long, thin-bladed knife, slice dough lengthwise into ten 1/4-inch slices.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Using your fingers, round off the corners to make each shape resemble a school bus. Decorate with candies as desired.
- Mix cocoa into the reserved dough. Shape dough into balls, using 1/2 teaspoon dough for each. Flatten slightly to resemble wheels; place 2 on each bus cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool on pan before removing to wire rack. Decorate with icing as desired. Makes 10 school bus cookies.