I recently had the opportunity to check out this fun new DVD from Disney called Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Great Outdoors! It officially releases in stores TODAY! (May 24, 2011) It comes with a really cute Mickey Mote to use throughout the DVD. You can choose either easier or more challenging for two different levels of fun! Unfortunately the Mickey mote was not compatible with my TV, but we’re going to keep trying other TV’s when we go to our friends house to see how it works! You can use your DVD remote if your Mickey mote doesn’t work. The really cool thing is that there are more than 13 Disney Preschool DVD titles for parents to choose from that can be used with the remote control!
The product comes with two dics and the special Mickey Mote. The first DVD comes with the episodes, and the second DVD comes with a digital copy so that you can watch it on your computer and other portable devices. This way your kids can watch it no matter where they are at! Here is a listing of the episodes:
• Mickey’s Fish Story – (BRAND NEW!) Daisy wants to find a fishy-friend for her goldfish Goldy – and we help her find other goldfish in the Jungle where we’re aided by the mysterious conga drummin’ Jungle-Pete! Boom-boom-bap-boom!
Episodes From “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” TV Show:
• Mickey’s Camp Out – Today Mickey and his friends are going to earn Clubhouse “Camp Out Badges” by completing two tasks – setting up camp and fishing for Gummy Fish. Everyone’s planning to camp with a “Tent Buddy”, but Donald decides to camp by himself – and he soon learns that camping with friends is much more fun than camping by yourself.
• Mickey and Minnie’s Jungle Safari – Minnie is determined to snap a photo of the rare Hula Hibiscus that only blooms once a year. So the sensational gang go off on a jungle safari and explore new territory to find this legendary flower.
• Daisy in the Sky – On Balloon Day, Daisy grabs a large batch of balloons and gets literally carried away along with Minnie and Pluto, who couldn’t hold her down. Mickey, Donald and Goofy kick into high gear to save their friends: they use a Giant Candy Cane (to rescue Pluto), a Party Horn (to warn animals out of the way), a Piggy Bank (to weigh down one side of an elevator so that Mickey can reach the top of the lighthouse), and a Toy Hammer (to fix the Ferris wheel).
• Daisy’s Grasshopper – Daisy has a new pet grasshopper named Wilbur, but the playful hoppin’ fella hops away – and we help all our Clubhouse friends hop after him and find him before the end of the day. Boing-boing!
We really enjoyed all of them, but my son especially liked Daisy’s Grasshopper! Which of course is fitting since he is obsessed with all sorts of bugs!! It was a really cute episode that is sure to entertain your kiddos! Encourage your kids to help the Clubhouse friends find Wilbur (the grasshopper)- even by looking in the couch! I always appreciate completely wholesome kids shows that I can let my children watch without worrying about what they’re seeing! This would be great even in a preschool or kindergarten classroom for a short cartoon selection.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are 100% mine. I received a DVD to view in order to form my own opinions.