Lemon Sorbet (Non-Dairy) Recipe
My kids can’t have dairy- so I found this fabulous Lemon Sorbet Recipe that’s DAIRY FREE! I found it online on a gluten-free blog, but I can’t find it again. I have slightly tweaked the recipe. But if you have an ice cream maker this is an absolutely amazing recipe!! It tastes like a lemon soft Italian ice.
1 ½ c. granulated sugar
2 c. water
1 egg white
¾ c. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
1. Beat egg white till frothy.
2. While beating egg white, boil water and sugar till it boils. Let boil 1 minute, then drizzle onto froth egg white.
3. Allow mix to stop steaming- cooling off just a bit.
4. Chill liquid completely in fridge, at least 1 hour.
5. Pour chilled liquid in ice cream maker and run about 45 minutes.
6. Freeze and enjoy!