Some of my favorite holiday activities is crafting with preschoolers and this Gingerbread Friends craft is awesome not only for teaching about friendship but it can be used even with those school or church groups that can’t celebrate Christmas or Santa! It goes great paired with the children’s book Gingerbread Friends by Jan Brett. PLUS it goes perfectly with our FREE Gingerbread Preschool Printable worksheet set we have available. So grab your supplies and share your Gingerbread friend creations with us!
Gingerbread Friends Supplies:
gingerbread man template (see printable file)
brown construction paper
Gingerbread Activity Directions:
1. Print out and cut out the gingerbread man cookie template by clicking on the image below and print the page in full size if you want one giant one or you can save it as an image and add several of them into a word doc or power point.
2. Use the brown pen to trace your gingerbread men cookies onto the brown construction paper.
4. Have the child write his/her name on the back of their gingerbread friend.
5. Have kids decorate the gingerbread man with the available embellishments. Notice how everyone’s gingerbread man look different! They are all unique just like us! There are no two alike! (just like snowflakes too!)
5. Last, have children use the glue to secure the assembled pieces to their “cookie”.
Here are a few of our Gingerbread Friends for ideas!
Other Gingerbread Men Template Ideas:
*Create a gingerbread men holiday banner.
*Print 2 together with paper in between to make holiday books.
*Use them to write something kind about another classmate on them and hang them up.
*Print on brown card stock and paste a paint stick on the back to make it a puppet.
*Print, laminate, then use for themed flashcards.