Whether you are looking forward to the election or not it’s still an important process, and it’s even more important to teach our children about the election process!
This “Let’s Vote” kid’s vote snack recipe is the perfect way not only to celebrate the red, white and blue but also to get your kids in the kitchen measuring out ingredients and trying new things! Not to mention these are delicious treats!
Below is a step by step photo tutorial on how to make your own kid’s vote snack!
QUICK TIP – Don’t have time to press out perfect cookies? No worries! You can literally just dip your Oreos into melted candy melts too!
Kid’s Vote Snack Recipe Ingredients:
12 regular Oreos
Kid’s Vote Snack Recipe DIRECTIONS:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate candy for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of melted white chocolate into the bottom of a cookie mold.
3. Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted white chocolate.
4. Spoon additional melted white chocolate on top of the Oreo cookie, up to the top of the mold.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until all the Oreo cookies are coated.
6. Chill for 30 minutes.
7. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
8. Remove the cookie molds from the refrigerator and pop each cookie out and place on the lined baking sheet.
8. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
9. Dip the bottom of each coated cookie into the melted blue chocolate and place back on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
10. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the red candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
11. Dip the top of each Oreo into the melted red chocolate and place back on the baking sheet to “set” for 10 minutes.
12. Dab 3 star sprinkles with a small amount of white icing and place evenly across the red section of an Oreo. Do the same for the blue section (6 stars total).
13. Repeat step 12 on all of the cookies.
14. Using the black decorator icing tube, pipe the word “VOTE” in the white (middle) part of each cookie.
Below are some of the Vote Snack ingredients for this recipe: