How to Make a Bunny Ears Headband – The Secret Life of Pets 2
This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
If you followed our journey across the country this summer on our 9000 mile road trip you may remember that one of our stops on Route 66, next to a ghost town, was at a lovely drive in movie theater. It was a pretty magical experience and a much needed evening of rest for us on our adventure.
The movie showing that night was The Secret Life of Pets 2 by Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. We LOVED the first Secret Life of Pets movie so I was nervous to see the next one but it was AMAZING! We have so many great family memories from that night!
Well NOW you can own The Secret Life of Pets 2 on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD! (and digitally of course!) I’m SO excited because not only does it bring my family happy memories of our road trip adventure but the new DVD/Blu-ray includes TWO mini movies with two of our favorite characters – Minions and Gidget! The two movies, Super Gidget and Minion Scouts are just a little bit of all the extras in this movie set! It also includes deleted scenes (our favorite!) AND 80 minutes of original content.
When my kids were little we never really watched the extra content but now that my boys are older I REALLY appreciate all of the extra content because we really learn a lot about the story line and the animation and skills that it took to bring these movies to life! And the interactive comic is a HUGE hit with my kids! Such a fun way to engage with the characters!
I absolutely recommend everyone see this movie! It’s hilarious and a GREAT family-friendly movie night to enjoy together! Don’t forget the popcorn!
The Secret Life of Pets 2 Synopsis:
Terrier Max (Patton Oswalt) is coping with major life changes after Katie’s marriage and the arrival of a toddler, Liam. Meanwhile, Gidget (Jenny Slate) tries to rescue Max’s favorite toy from a cat-packed apartment with a little help from her feline friend, Chloe (Lake Bell), who has discovered the joys of catnip. And Snowball (Kevin Hart) believes, despite the other pets’ teasing, that he’s a superhero after his owner starts dressing him in superhero pajamas. But when Daisy (Tiffany Haddish), a fearless Shih Tzu, shows up to ask for Snowball’s help on a dangerous mission, he’ll have to summon the courage to become the hero he’s been pretending to be.
Who is the Voice Cast of The Secret Life of Pets 2?:
- Terrier Max (Patton Oswalt)
- Gidget (Jenny Slate)
- Chloe (Lake Bell)
- Snowball (Kevin Hart)
- Daisy (Tiffany Haddish)
- Eric Stonestreet
- Nick Kroll
- Dana Carvey
- Ellie Kemper
- Hannibal Buress
- Bobby Moynihan
- Rooster (Harrison Ford)
Directed By: Chris Renaud and Jonathan Del Val
Written By: Brian Lynch
Produced By: Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy
Executive Produced By: Brett Hoffman
Production Designer: Colin Stimpson
Edited By: Tiffany Hillkurtz
Music By: Alexandre Desplat
About the Mini Movie Minion Scouts:
When Margo, Agnes and Edith return from Badger Scout camp, three of the Minions are entranced by the girls’ merit badges. Their own attempt at scout camp results in attracting a bear, eating poison berries and eventually blowing up a dam, creating a massive flood. But, when they arrive back home, the girls share their badges, encouraging the rest of the Minions to try their hand at scouting.
About the Mini Movie Super Gidget:
When Max is kidnapped by an army of squirrels, Super Gidget is the only one who can save him. It turns out that Max’s captor is a flea with the power of mind control. Gidget must use her pluckiness, strength and smarts to save her one true love…until it turns out it was all just a dream.
More Bonus Feature Content on The Secret Life of Pets 2 Movie:
- The Making of the Mini Movies – Every Illumination film is accompanied by mini movies that are a production all their own. Each film’s directing partners will explore how the mini movies were made.
- Deleted Scenes
- Wake Up – Max and Duke have a new morning routine with Liam.
- Duke Explores the Farm – Duke has a funny interaction with a goat.
- Snowball Karate – Snowball does his superhero warm up.
- Secret Confessions – Dogs gather to talk about their deepest secrets
- A Tapestry of a Tail: The Making Of – The plot of The Secret Life of Pets 2 involves multiple storylines ultimately coming together to create a larger than life tale. We talk with the filmmakers, editor and cast about the delicate dance of juggling multiple narratives in one movie.
- How to Draw – Hosted by Head of Story, Eric Favela, follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn to draw Max, Snowball and Chloe
- Frame by Frame: How to Make a Flip Book – In this DIY-style vignette, Head of Story Eric Favela will teach viewers about the essence of animation and how they can create their very own flip book animations at home.
- Character Pods – Get a closer look at your favorite characters of The Secret Life of Pets 2 with these delightful character pods that might just give away a few more pet secrets.
- Patton Oswalt – Max
- Kevin Hart – Snowball
- Eric Stonestreet – Duke
- Jenny Slate – Gidget
- Tiffany Haddish – Daisy
- Lake Bell – Chloe
- Nick Kroll – Sergei
- Dana Carvey – Pops
- Bobby Moynihan – Mel
- Harrison Ford – Rooster
- Ellie Kemper
- Hannibal Buress
- A Party Fit for a Pet – Using stop motion animation, this step-by-step guide teaches you everything you need to know to throw the very best party for your pet!
- Pops’ Puppy Training School with Kevin Hart – Join Kevin Hart as he shows off his dog training skills.
- Pets Yule Log – Sit back and relax in front of this exclusive The SecretLife of Pets 2 themed animated ‘Yule Log.’
- Lyric Videos
- ‘Panda’ Lyric Video
- ‘It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (The Secret Life of Pets 2)’ Lyric Video
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™
- The Further Adventures of Captain Snowball (Interactive) – This animated ‘Motion Comic’ expands the world of our furry hero, Captain Snowball. Using a ‘superhero’ comic book style and custom animation, we discover more about the secret world of our caped crusader with a little help from our viewers. At key moments in the story, the viewer is presented with a choice: left, or right? Fight or flight? Their choice determines our hero’s next move!
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™ & DIGITAL
- My Buddy and Me – We interview the Illumination cast and crew talking about The Secret Life of Pets 2 while holding (or trying to hold) their pets.
- Pets with Jobs: A Documentary – We find and profile animals with special jobs – a service dog that detects when its epileptic owner is about to have a seizure; ponies that provide comfort to children with cancer; police dogs that go the extra mile to catch the bad guys. Meet some of the many animals who make the world a better place every day!
- Relax the Cat: The Secret Life of Pets Massage – A professional petmasseuse shows the cast how to read signs of tension in their pet and use massage techniques to keep their furry babies relaxed and happy!
- Production Pets – It takes hundreds of people to make an animated movie and a lot of those people have pets that can’t wait for them to come home. This piece is dedicated to all those faithful companions.
Captain Snowball Ears Headband Instructions:
Print Craft Instructions Here!
Printable Bunny Ears Template: Bunny Ears Template
How to Make Bunny Ears Tutorial:
For this craft you’ll need the following materials:
Printable Bunny Ears Template
Hot Glue Gun
Blue Craft Foam
Begin by tracing your inner bunny ears using the template onto the blue craft foam. You’ll need two of these. Then trace four blue felt bunny ears using the larger ear template.
Cut out all of your blue bunny ears! You should have two foam ones and four felt ones.
Using your hot glue gun, glue the blue craft foam ear (the smaller of the ears) inside of one of the blue felt ears as shown above. Then glue one of the larger blue felt ears onto the top of that. The craft foam on the inside of the ear helps to give it a sturdy thickness so that the ear doesn’t just flop over. You can also glue pipe cleaners or wire inside of this felt ear if desired to have a more posable bunny ear!
*NOTE – do NOT glue the bottom “rectangle” portion of the bunny ears! You will use this to wrap the ears around the headband!*
You can see in this photo how I wrap the rectangle portion of the large bunny ears around the top of the headband! Hot glue them into place.
Once all of your glue has dried your ears are ready! If you want the ears to be really sturdy in place make sure that the bottom of your craft foam is glued down directly onto the headband so that the ears don’t flop over as much. Although Snowball in The Secret Life of Pets 2 has pretty floppy ears so it’s ok if it flops!