Saving money is a really big deal for most people, so when we were faced with the pregnancy of our second child last year- we looked for even MORE ways to save money. Now this isn’t a baby blog, so I won’t go into detail about diaper types or anything- but here are a few ideas to save some money. One of the biggest expenses for babies & infants is definitely diapers. There are several ways to save money on diapers. One that I’ll talk about below is by using cloth diapers, but here are a few other ideas.
- Sign up for mailing lists and get coupons in the mail! (Luvs, Pampers, Huggies, Seventh Generation)
- Don’t forget about grocery store baby club mailing lists too! (Publix, Winn Dixie)
- Print coupons online for diapers. (coupons.com many times has diaper coupons to print)
- Buy diapers in bulk at places like Sam’s, Costco, or BJ’s. (sometimes they even have coupons!)
- I used to get the best diaper deals aside from bulk at the drugstores on sale. Combine their sales & rewards programs with manufacturer coupons and you can find really awesome deals!
One way we came up with saving money was using cloth diapers. At first I wasn’t so sure, I mean, cloth diapers kind of sounded gross. I had tried the ‘old fashioned’ way of pinning a cloth on my first son when he’d had rashes, and it was absolutely awful-for both of us! I am totally all for saving money, but sometimes it’s just not worth it! About that time I also started watching a little girl at my house, and they used cloth diapers. When her mom showed me the diapers they used I couldn’t believe it! They were just SO cute and looked incredibly easy- how in the WORLD had I not known about those kind of cloth diapers?!
I’d be happy to chat with you if you are really interested in checking out cloth diapers but we love them. If you haven’t tried cloth diapers because you thought it would be gross- please reconsider. You can message me & chat about it. They are so easy to clean and not gross at all. There are tons of brands that you can research from BumGenius, Fuzzibunz, Thirsties, Blueberries, Econobum, gDiapers, and so many more!