Minions are all the new rage among kids (including my own!) so we’ve created quite a few Minion themed posts that are SUPER simple to do and lots of fun with plenty of bright colors!
These Minion treats are great for classroom parties, after school snacks and even Halloween parties! Below you can find our recipe and step by step directions to make your own! Just double or triple the recipe if you need more minions! If you love Minions you’ll probably also love our DIY Minion Clothespins and DIY Minion Gift Bags!
This recipe will make one 9×9 pan of Krispies bars equaling 4 Minion heads.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Wilton candy melts – yellow
Wilton candy melts – white
Large Oreo cookies
Mini Oreo Cookies
Wilton black icing gel tube
Wilton blue and black food gel (combine to make grey icing)
Wilton candy eyes (large size)
1. Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. And the marshmallows to the melted butter while stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal, salt and vanilla until well-coated.
5. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan for at least one hour.
7. Cut into oval pieces for the minion heads. This 9×9 pan will make 4 average-sized minion heads depending on how large you make them. For a larger count, you can make them smaller.
8. Melt 1/2 cup yellow Wilton melts in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
9. Spread the melted yellow candies on each Minion head and let cool for at least one hour.
10. Melt 1/3 cup white Wilton melts in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
11. Add a very small drop of blue and black food gels into the melted white candies and stir until a grey color is achieved.
12. Separate a large Oreo cookie and dip the piece without the creme filling on it into the grey icing and cover completely. (Keep the piece with the filling for later). Cool on wax paper for at least one hour. This will be the base for a large minion eyeglass.
13. Separate small Oreo cookies and dip the pieces without the creme filling into the grey icing and cover completely. Cool on wax paper for at least one hour. These will be the base for minion eyeglasses.
14. Attach a large grey Oreo cookie in the center on a minion head with a dab of melted icing.
15. Gently remove the Oreo creme filling from the saved piece and place on the large silver Oreo.
16. Place a large candy eye in the middle of the creme on the large silver Oreo.
17. Using a tube of black food icing, add the sides of the glasses and the mouth.
18. Add pieces of hair strands with the black food icing.
19. Repeat steps 14 thru 18 using the mini Oreos and 2 candy eyes for each minion head.
19. Let dry for at least 2 hours. (you can quicken this by storing in the fridge)