If you want to make a special teacher gift or classroom treat this SUPER SIZED giant rice krispy Hershey “kiss” is SO incredibly simple and fun to make! It’s great for Valentine’s parties too! You can even hide a prize inside for a “surprise treat”! It’s probably pretty self-explanatory but I’ll walk through exactly how we made ours!
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3 T butter
10 oz package of marshmallows
Non stick cooking spray
Funnel (the larger the better!)
Small strip of tissue paper (for tag)
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows until melted and combined.
3. Remove from heat and add cereal.
4. Stir until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into your funnel (spray well with nonstick cooking spray!) . Pack it in tightly in order to get a good shape.
6. Place the funnel, with the mixture inside, on top of your sheet of aluminum foil and remove the funnel, leaving the shaped Hershey’s Kiss shaped Rice Krispie treat. Make sure the aluminum foil is enough to completely cover your “kiss”!
7. If you choose to do a tag for the top, cut a strip of tissue paper about 6 inches long. Write your message on the strip, starting an inch inwards.
8. Wrap the Rice Krispie treat with the foil, with the opening coming towards the peak (just as the Hershey’s Kiss are wrapped) If you choose to do a tag, take your strip of tissue paper and place it at the top of the peak and use the aluminum foil to hold it in place.