Gourds and fall go hand in hand! Take a look at how simple it is to create your own fall fun when you give these gorgeous gourd votives a try. And best of all these gourd votives cost just a few dollars to make several of and you can keep them for years to come!! Here is how you can craft your own in under just a few minutes!
faux fall gourds ($1 or less at Walmart or the Dollar Tree)
If you want you can use real gourds but they are a little harder to create and of course will eventually rot.
1. Begin by placing a votive on top of the gourd. Trace around it with a pencil – this will give you an idea of where you will need to cut and the size hole that you will need. Remove the votive.
2. Take a knife and cut out the circle as smoothly as you can. It’s just like carving a pumpkin!
3. Remove the piece you carve out and throw it away – you won’t need it again.
4. Press the votive into the hole that you just created. The foam of the gourd will give a bit allowing you to squeeze the votive snugly into place.
5. Just light up your votives and watch them glow!
This makes a wonderful fall festive decoration and gift – and you can even use battery operated votives if you want! I personally like crafting a collection of these to display in a group together for a real fall festive appeal!