Making Asteroids You Can Eat Out of Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
You can make edible asteroids out of mashed potatoes!! This is a fun hands-on activity for a space lesson that I found at NASA’s Space Place!
Potatoes (enough for 4-8 cups mashed)
1 c. Cheese (any kind)
1/4 c. butter
1. Turn oven on to 375*. Make sure to grease a cookie sheet well.
2. Mash your potatoes (4-8 cups worth).
3. Add in any cheese, salt, or pepper you want as well as the butter.
4. Take a handful of the potato mix and form your asteroid! Poke hole, make dents with your fingers, and any other odd shape that you like!
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven then let cool!