September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day and that means there will be some fun freebies & activities to do with your kids!
Check out our tutorial to make this (EASY!) fun pirate sensory bin!
Family Fun for Pirate Day:
- Print these clever pirate printable worksheets for kids!
- Pirate Eye Patch Tutorial
- Printable Pirate Scavenger Hunt
- Read this Pirate ebook with your kids!
- Ever been to Disney? Learn about the history of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!
- If your kids are old enough have a movie marathon for the Pirates of the Caribbean series!
Text Like a Pirate:
Download the Say What? Pirate Pack translator app !
Basic Pirate Lingo:
Ahoy! – “Hello!”
Avast! – Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, “Whoa! Get a load of that!” which today makes it more of a “Check it out” or “No way!”
Aye! – “Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did.”
Aye aye! – “I’ll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over.”
Arrr! – This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. “Arrr!” can mean, variously, “yes,” “I agree,” “I’m happy,” “I’m enjoying this Diet Coke.”
Pirate Jokes (Harrdy-haarr-haarr):
Q: What is a pirate’s favorite kind of cookie A: Ships Ahoy!
Q: Whay are pirates so mean? A: I don’t know they just aaarrgghhh!
Q: What to pirate’s like to eat? A: Barrrrbeque!