America’s Best Idea – the national parks – gets even better with several fee-free days at more than 100 national parks that usually charge entrance fees. Keep in mind if you like to camp you’re not going to get your camping FREE but in many cases you get charged an entry fee as well as a camping nightly charge. So book a camping trip on one of the dates below and get the entry fee waived!
Mark your calendar for these fee-free days in 2011:
- January 15-17 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday weekend)
- April 16-24 (National Park Week)
- June 21 (First day of summer)
- September 24 (Public Lands Day)
- November 11-13 (Veterans Day weekend)
And making the fun even more affordable, many national park concessioners are joining the National Park Service in welcoming visitors with their own special offers. (note many National Parks don’t charge at all…so keep that in mind!)
Go here —> for helpful information on planning your trip!
Thanks Chi-Town Cheapskate!