Every year almost 8 MILLION people visit the Museums in the Park in Chicago. On the Field Museum in Chicago’s website it says: Illinois teachers (pre-K through 12) and active military personnel receive free Basic Admission which can be applied to any admission package. Please show proper identification to any Guest Relations Representative to take advantage of this benefit. Please call if you have additional questions.
If you’re a teacher I invite you to join our Classroom Management & Engagement Resources e-mail list here!
Discounts at the Field Museum:
*Teachers from throughout Illinois (pre-K through 12th grade) receive free Basic admission.
*Families who qualify for state food assistance. Show an EBT (Link) or WIC card to receive $3-per-person admission for up to six people.
*Illinois residents receive free admission during a specific month of the year. See dates here.
*Residents who live within Chicago city limits can save $5 or more on the price of their ticket.
*Basic admission is complimentary for active military personnel.
About Field Trips at the Museum of Science and Industry:
Learning Labs, facilitated hands-on learning experiences aligned to Next Generation Science Standards. Led by a Museum educator, Learning Labs connect with classroom curriculum and engage students in the
scientific process, and provide insight into STEM careers including:
• Mission to Mars: Traveling to Space: Design, launch and land a rover on Mars. Includes a live video conference with a NASA expert.
• Live from the Heart: Talk with a surgical team while watching live open-heart surgery via video conference.
• MedLab: Heart Disease: Use an ultrasound simulator and complete real medical tests to diagnose heart disease in a human patient simulator.
• Jr. Science Cafés: Students talk with STEM professionals about their career paths and their personal journeys into science.
With free or discounted Museum Entry, students can explore more than a dozen MSI exhibits across 14 acres including:
• Science Storms: Investigate the science behind nature’s power and control the dynamics of a 40-foot tornado, trigger an avalanche, unleash a tsunami and try more than 50 amazing experiments.
• YOU! The Experience: Celebrate the body, mind and spirit through hands-on experiences. Walk through the Laugh Garden to see the contagious effects of smiling and happiness, go for a jog on a human-sized hamster wheel, and see your heart beat in time with a 13-foot-tall digital Giant Heart.
• Numbers In Nature: A Mirror Maze: Learn about the mathematical patterns found in nature, art, the human body and more inside this 1,800-square-foot mirror maze, a dizzying and mesmerizing array of repeating reflections.
MSI also provides discounted tickets for all school groups to experiences including: Coal Mine, Giant Dome Theater films, U-505 On-board Tour and Future Energy Chicago.
Discounts at the SHEDD Aquarium:
*Educators from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin can receive a complimentary Shedd ticket by registering online. This offer is not valid during special events or for admission to the 4-D Experience. Teachers, please register here.
*Other teachers, if you’re outside the four-state area you can receive a $3 on-site discount on your Shedd ticket by showing a valid school ID or current pay stub.
*Chicago residents save 50% when visiting Shedd!
*Active-duty U.S. military personnel receive free general admission with proper ID. 4-D Experience tickets can be added on site. Please note that dependents and family are not included in this offer.
*U.S. military veterans receive free general admission on Monday Nov, 12 in honor of Veterans Day. On all other days veterans receive a $3 on-site discount on their general admission every day. This offer is only for veterans or retired U.S. military and is not applicable to dependents. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
*Illinois residents enjoy FREE admission to Shedd Aquarium on select free days throughout the year!
*Chicago police officers and firefighters receive free on-site general admission with proper ID. This offer is not valid during special events or for admission to the 4-D Experience.
*Daily discounted admission to eligible low-income families (up to four passes per family). Participants can present their electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card to redeem this special offer.
*Students and Senior Citizens receive $3 off with ID.
*Free admission select days with Bank of America’s Museums on Us program.
For more information about Field Trips to the Shedd Aquarium visit here.