There have been SO many creative spins on the phrase “Oh the Places You’ll Go” from our favorite Dr. Seuss children’s book – and these cupcakes help you celebrate the sweet times in life! It pairs perfectly with our balloon paper craft also based on the book! Whether you need a treat for kindergarten graduation or for Read Across America day – this is fun to make no matter what the celebration!
Oh the Places You’ll Go Cupcake Ingredients:
1 box Funfetti Cake Mix, baked to package directions in mini cupcake form
1 16 oz. Container Whipped Topping
Sprinkles (we used these confetti sprinkles)
Food Coloring—Pink, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, and Green
Mini Cupcake Liners
Oh the Places You’ll Go Cupcake Directions:
1. After prepared mini cupcakes are completely cooled, cut out a small hole in the middle of each one.
2. Fill each hole with the confetti sprinkles.
3. Divide the whipped topping into 6 separate bowls, and mix in each food coloring color to desired color.
4. Spoon into 6 piping bags.
5. Starting with your bottom color, fill the top of the cupcake in a thin, circular pattern. Using next color, pipe a little bit smaller circle on top of the bottom color leaving the edges of the first color showing.
6. Continue on with all your colors. You should have a tall, cone shape pattern on your cupcake.
OH the places you’ll go…..for this sweet treat! It’s a fun surprise and super delicious! The great thing about kids is that their dessert doesn’t have to be perfect – it just has to taste good! These Oh the Places You’ll Go Cupcakes are perfect not only for Dr. Seuss decorations but also for preschool / kindergarten graduation celebrations!