I’ve recently been introduced to these amazing little heart shaped candies – Gimbal’s Cherry Lovers – which provide a festive treat for some quick Valentine’s Day activities for your kids and classroom! Gimbal’s has put together these great activity ideas for you below! Simple directions for each of the 3 activities can be found below.
Quick Valentine’s Day Activity Materials:
Valentine’s Tic Tac Toe:
1..Using construction paper of your choice, cut out a 3 x 3 inch square that will serve as the tic tac toe board.
2. Use a marker to draw a smaller square within the cut-out square, followed by two vertical and two
horizontal lines to designate the smaller squares for which to play in.
3. Designate two different colored Gimbal’s Cherry Lovers to determine each players’ pieces.
4. Add the Tic Tac Toe board and Cherry Lovers to a treat bag of your choosing, and top off with a ribbon.
“Full of Love” Mason Jar:
1.Using an empty mason jar of your choice, fill with Gimbal’s heart-shaped Cherry Lovers.
2. Cut out a construction paper circle that is slightly smaller than the mason jar lid and indicate “to” and “from”.
3. Using standard glue or a hot glue gun, attach the construction paper circle to the top of the lid.
4. Finally, using ribbon of your choice, tie a bow around the jar’s lid.
Candy Picture Frame:
1.Using standard glue, or a hot glue gun connect 3 or 4 popsicle sticks to create the base for your frame.
2. Using the same standard glue or hot glue gun, attach Gimbal’s Cherry Lovers to your frame in a pattern of
Optional: Attach a ribbon to the top of your frame for easing hanging.