If you have a husband or boys in your house- an easy way to save some money is to cut their hair!! On average my husband would get a hair cut about once a month for $10 or more. Now that I have 3 guys in the family there is no way I am spending $30 to get their hair cut every month! So my husband suggested we invest in a groomers kit & I do it myself! We spent about $25 on a groomers kit and have been using it for about 2 years now!! Guys are pretty simple to cut hair for- just use the handy dandy “buzzer machine” as my son puts it, and it’s done! Now I don’t have girls, but it is pretty easy to trim their hair if you want the same hairstyle for them- if you can get them to sit still long enough!
Tips for cutting kids hair:
- Have them sit in a chair outside.
- Do it while they’re watching TV.
- Promise them a lollipop- a bribe sometimes works!
- Cut their hair over a couple days. I had to do this with my son who was Mr. Wiggles all the time. I would cut what I could for 2-3 minutes, then try again the next day, etc. After a few days his hair was finally finished and we could go out again!
- If they complain about the hair itching them-cut their hair in the bathtub. Then every time they complain you can just pour water on them to rinse off the hair.
- If you’re using the “buzzer machine” for boys, sometimes they are just scared of the loud noise next to their ear. I explain what the machine is, let my son feel it vibrating, and then show him it won’t hurt.
- For babies- I used to drive around in the car till my baby fell asleep, then pulled over, crawled in the back, and cut their hair while they were sleeping. Sounds crazy- but it was SO easy!
Do you have any more inventive tips for cutting kids hair?? If so leave a comment & let me know!!
|Just starting out!|
|Half Way through!|